It is helpful for you to prepare for your appointment with the GP or Nurse by writing down as an aide memoir for yourself the following information:
- ONSET - When did the symptoms start, is this a new problem, have you seen anyone in the surgery before for this problem?
- LOCATION - Where does it hurt, can you provide brief details fo the symptoms
- DURATION - How long do the symptoms last
It is important to ask for clarification if you do not understand something that your clinician tells you during your consultation.
Here are some simple questions you can ask your Doctor or Nurse to help with your on-going recovery or care:
- How long might my symptoms last
- What should I look our for
- What can I do to help myslef
- What can I do to prevent problems in teh future
For more informaiton on self care and how to get the most out of your appointment please go to: WWW.selfcareforum.org